Friday, January 05, 2007

Minor Setback


I suffered a minor setback this week. After good runs on Monday and Tuesday, I woke up Wednesday with a stiff, sore back. I'm pretty sure that running isn't what caused the pain. My problem was playing with my daughter and one of her Christmas presents, specifically the one shown above. I guess dancing isn't my forte.
I was really hurting on Wednesday. I ended up leaving work early and spent most of the afternoon and evening laying on the floor with a heating pad. I felt better on Thursday but was still pretty stiff and sore. I probably could have run, but I didn't want to take a chance and run one day only do end up in worse shape and then missing three or four days. Anyway, I wasn't 100% today, but I felt good enough to give it a shot. I think it was a good decision. The only time in the last three days that my back didn't hurt at all was when I was running. Of course I'll have to see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow before I'll know for sure if running was a smart decision.
I also haven't done any pushups or crunches since my back started hurting. I'll probably resume the pushups tomorrow but will wait until the back is 100% before continuing the crunches.

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

from dance pad to heating pad, that's pretty funny!

We are interested in the dance pad, any chance you could post or send some specifics as to recommendation costs, etc. bamabjeb@gmail.com

7:15 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Hi Mark. I'm not too technical savvy, so I'm not sure how much I can tell you about the dance pad. We saw it in the Target weekly ad that comes with the Sunday paper for around $50, but I was able to find it on amazon.com for $30.

We don't have a video game system (X-Box, Playstation, etc.), so we got the one that hooks directly to the television. The sound quality on this type isn't high; I believe the music are midi files. From what I read, if you have a game system, you can get much higher quality music.

Even with the midi files, the dance pad is a lot of fun, and like most things will ensure that the kids come off looking much cooler than their parents.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home