Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Weekly Recap

Sunday - 0 (slacker)
Monday - 15
Tuesday - 6.2 (cut short due to bathroom needs)
Wednesday - 5.3 at lunch and 7.5 after work
Thursday - 10
Friday - 10
Saturday - 6.3
TOTAL: 60.3

For what it's worth, if you count yesterday's 15.5 miles, I totaled over 75 for the preceding seven days. I'm off to a good start this week and should get between 65 and 70 miles for the week. The last seven days I've run a lot of miles compared to what I had been running lately, but my legs still feel pretty good.

I think the key is that I've run without a watch a couple of times and tried not to worry about what pace I'm running. I need to do this more often. Whenever I run with a watch, I always end up racing to stay ahead of 8:00/mile pace, even when the purpose of the run is just to run easy or if I'm on a recovery run.

With the purpose these days to just log miles and with nothing scheduled other than a rough guideline for weekly mileage, there's not much to Blog about. As you can see although I took last Sunday off, I've been pretty consistent. I had hoped to run all seven days this week, but I ended up taking today (Monday) off. My wife was sick, and I started getting a sore throat. I'm hoping that by resting today, I'll prove the ounce of prevention theory.

The only real goal I have now is at least one 80-mile week by March 17. The week of 18 March, I'll be in Topeka. With a travel day there and back, I'll use that week to cutback and will start Rock 'n Roll Marathon training on March 26 (my 42nd birthday).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home