Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Limited Access

Based on an e-mail that I've received from the Coast Guard Sports rep at CG Headquarters, he will call the Navy Sports guy tomorrow and ask about my Navy Marathon application. It would be nice to get an answer one-way or the other so that I can concentrate on whichever race distance I'll be running.

After my good 20-miler on Sunday, I ran a five mile recovery run on Monday, and then had a good run during lunch on Tuesday. I took a longer than allowed lunch break and ran ten miles with five miles (miles 1-6) at half marathon goal pace (6:29). Tonight (Wednesday) I ran 15 miles on a drizzly evening.

For some reason my schedule calls for another 15 miles tomorrow night. I suspect I made an error when I put the schedule together, so I'm going to change it. I'm going to switch Thursday and Friday's scheduled workouts, running 10 miles on Thursday and 15 on Friday (a day I took off from work to give me a four-day weekend), and then whatever I have on the schedule for Saturday. This will give me the same weekly mileage and is probably what my schedule should have read to begin with. I

The IT guys at work have temporary eliminated all non-work related web access, so I've not been online much this week. Hopefully, we'll regain access sometime this week. They do this every once in a while when there is concern about a virus or other potential danger floating around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home