Thursday, March 30, 2006

Medium Long Run -- Feeling Good

I ran ten miles this evening. I ran at an easy pace for the first six miles, which were either with no wind or were into the wind. I picked up the pace when I turned so that the wind was at my back. My average pace was 7:57/mile, which I'm very pleased with. My pace has been faster than I wanted it to be lately, and my legs have been tired as a result. Today, I had a bit more energy and took advantage of it towards the end of my run. I need to be careful until I get used to running everyday. For now, mileage is king. Pace is secondary. After I get used to running everyday (including a few doubles), I'll worry about pace a couple of times a week. I just need to be patient and remember that I'm months away from needing to run fast.

I've been extremely lucky as far as the weather goes. It has been windy, but I've basically been able to miss the rain. This has been the rainiest March in the history of this area (based on how many days it has rained). Basically it's rained everyday for the past week or so. However, lately it seems to stop raining just before I start running. Let's hope it stays this way (knock on wood).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home