Monday, March 27, 2006

Keep On Moving Forward

Not a bad couple of days running for me. On Sunday, I ran 15 miles in a few minutes under two hours. My average pace was 7:47/mile. There was nothing special about this run except for the fact that I was feeling a bit tired and really didn't want to run. As it started getting to the point where I had to get out of the house if I wanted to finish before dark, I got myself going. I really thought I'd run closer to 7 or 8 miles before calling it quits and just making up the miles over the next couple of days. However, once I got started, I just kept going. I never really felt especially good, and my legs were pretty tired over the last couple of miles, but I never felt too bad, either; and managed to develop a decent rhythm after a mile or so. On Monday, I ran an easy five miles on what turned out to be a windy, windy day. There was a short bit of today's run where I had to look at the ground to make sure I was moving forward. I turned into the teeth of the wind and could have sworn that the wind was holding me in place. Fortunately that was fairly close to my turnaround, and I had the benefit of the wind at my back for the next mile or so.

I've lived in this area for less than a year, and I'm still learning the seasons and what to expect. I can say that so far, the summer was the best time for running. It stays light until after 8:00, and the temps rarely climb above 70. Fall isn't bad either, except for the early darkness. Winter and spring have proven to be pretty wet, and the spring has added a lot of wind. Oh well, it certainly could be much, much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home