Saturday, March 25, 2006

Back to Back Easy Days

On Friday and Saturday I ran back-to-back easy runs (five miles each). I don't like to double up on easy days because I feel like I should be working harder. However, sometimes it just works out that way. This time it was my own fault. Friday after work, I wasted too much time before running, and then my wife had to go to the store, which pushed me back ever further. As a result, I didn't end up running until well after dark. Add in the fact that it was windy and raining, and I knew I would run my shortest route. Not that it mattered because I was due for an easy day. I ran more this week than I had in more than a month, and my body was ready for something short and slow. I had more energy on today's run, but I kept the effort easy and the distance short because I would like to run long (at least 15 miles) tomorrow, and I didn't want to run hard or far today and then try to go long tomorrow. I'm at a point where I'm slowing building mileage, and I'm not trying to accomplish anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home