Friday, December 02, 2005

Medium-Long Run...

Nothing special. Just a quick update. I ran a recovery run Thursday after work. I started my run as soon as I got home, so even though it was getting dark by the time I was finishing my run, it was just light enough so that I could see the ground, which makes a huge difference.

Today (Friday), I ran 13 miles, and I didn't start until just after 6:00 p.m., so the entire run was in the dark. To make things worse, I didn't feel like wearing my headlamp, so it was not a real comfortable run. On the plus side, I ran 90% of my run where there was some lighting, so even though I couldn't really see the ground, I was on a paved walkway, and the lights allowed me to see enough to stay on the asphalt.

After tomorrow's recovery run, I'll have my first ever 70-mile week. I've been in the 60+ mile range for a while, so the jump to 70 is not a huge accomplishment. The best part of it is that this week is equal to my highest training week of this cycle, so if I get through it and can still complete a tough run on Sunday, I'll be feeling good (psychologically if not physically).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home