Sunday, December 11, 2005

Good Medium-Long Run

Today I ran a 15-mile medium-long run. I don't really know why, but I decided to push the pace a little bit just to see how it would go. I ran the first ten miles at an average pace of 7:42 minutes/mile, and the last five miles at 7:30 minutes/mile or faster, including a final mile at 6:51. For the rest of this afternoon my legs have been tired, but there isn't any soreness or anything like that.

I did get a bit of a scare getting out of the shower. Our bathtub is huge, and I really have to step high to get out of it. Every month or so, my back foot (foot in the tub) slips as I'm getting out. That's what happened today. I've hurt my groin this way in the past, but today it feels okay. We have a shower mat. Maybe I should use it.

Last week was a cutback week for me. I ran 53 miles. This week, I should be back somewhere in the 60s.

Bart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home