Monday, December 05, 2005

Marathon Pace Run

Last week I completed my first ever 70-mile training week, and I started this week with a 15-miler, which included 12 miles at marathon goal pace (7:00 min/miles for me). I was both concerned about being able to complete the 12 miles at my goal pace and excited about the challenge of this tough workout. I'm happy to say that I was able to run the entire 12 miles below my desired pace. This is a tremendous confidence boost for the remainder of my training and for meeting my race goal on March 5. After the run I still felt pretty fresh. I was worried that my legs would be trashed the next day, but I'm feeling pretty good today. This is a cutback week for me, so I'll run what's scheduled and try to stay fresh for what's next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Bart, great job on the mileage and workout. Are you at all concerned about adding a workout like that while you're also bumping your mileage into new territories?

6:07 AM  
Blogger Bart said...

Zeke, to be honest, I never really thought about it. I've been in the sixty mileage range since September, so the jump isn't too big. Since October, I've been following the Pfitzinger-Douglas 18-70 plan, so I've basically put my fate in their hands. My mileage doesn't work out the same as theirs because I use a Sunday to Saturday week and their schedule is Monday to Sunday.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home