Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tough to Get Out of the House Sometimes

Last night I did a 15-mile medium-long run. I really didn’t want to do this run. I was cold, and it was dark outside by the time I started. However, I dragged myself out, and I ran the scheduled distance. It wasn’t really that cold (low 50s-upper 40s, I’d guess); but because I was cold before the run, I overdressed. I ended up wearing a long sleeve shirt and gloves. I considered wearing wind pants, but talked myself out of it. It’s hard to put on a short sleeve shirt and shorts when you’re cold in long pants and a long sleeve shirt and you’re inside the house. I need to remind myself that I’ll be moving and building body heat when I’m running.

Anyway, I was prepared for a horrible run, but after warming up for a couple of miles, I actually felt pretty good. I ran the entire run at an easy pace, but I was consistent. I ran between 8:00 and 8:10 pace the entire run, averaging approximately 8:07 minutes/mile. The last three miles were brutal. My legs were tired, and I really wanted to quit. I guess it’s a good thing that I was three miles from home with no way to get there other than by running.

I took it easy on both of Tuesday’s runs, but my legs are still pretty tired. I think it’s a carryover from running 21 miles on Sunday. I ran the entire distance at an 8:00 m/m or faster, including the last five at 7:30 m/m or faster. Today is an easy six miles, followed by 13 on Friday. I’ll take it easy on these runs and hope to be ready to run hard this weekend. On Sunday I’m running 15 miles, with 12 miles at marathon goal pace. This should be my toughest run of this training schedule.

Here are my November totals: 272 miles. 23 days running, including 3 doubles. Two of the doubles were on the schedule and one was to make up a missed run. This is my highest monthly total ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home