Saturday, November 19, 2005

Doubling Up

I don't know whether or not I've mentioned it here before, but I've got hives. I've had them since sometime in March. Anyway, I've been taking Allegra, so that I'm not itching all day. It does an okay job, but the downside is that I have to take one every twelve hours. I'm good at taking the pill before work in the morning, but if I'm even an hour late taking it in the evening, the itching starts. Earlier this week, my doctor gave me a new pill to try. With the new pill, I only have to take one a day; however, it causes drowsiness. I took the first of my new pills Thursday evening. I didn't itch that night and didn't really notice any drowsiness. Great, I love the new pills. The next morning, on the other hand, I could barely function. I had absolutely no energy. And it lasted all day. After work, I took a short nap, with the intention of running when I woke up. It didn't happen. Not really liking the new pills at this point. Don't worry, I'm going someplace with this.

Anyway, on Saturday (today) I woke up feeling fine, so I decided that I'd run Friday's scheduled run in the morning and Saturday's run in the afternoon. I ran both runs (11 miles in the a.m. and 8 in the p.m.) with no problems. However, there is still a potential problem; I have a 21 miler scheduled for tomorrow. I've never run so much the day before a long run. I knew about Sunday's long run when I decided to double up on Saturday. The thing is that my last couple of 20-milers have gone well, so I decided that I'd push the effort this weekend and test myself. I just wanted to document this high-mileage weekend so that if tomorrow's long run goes horribly wrong, it won't be hard to track the reason.

Also, the ankle feels fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home