Thursday, October 12, 2006

Short, Boring Training Update

Bad news for yesterday’s run. Instead of an easy run, I came home from work and fell asleep. Oh well, it happens. Today I ran ten miles, including five miles at half marathon effort. It was cool, windy evening, and I only hit goal pace for one of the miles. Still I feel good about the workout. I got into a pretty good rhythm and ran at a good effort. On a less windy day, I think I would have been at or below goal pace. My miles splits were 6:50, 6:34, 6:29, 6:34, and 6:32. Goal pace is 6:29. The first mile was directly into a strong wind. The other miles were mostly in a cross wind.

Tomorrow I’m going to run an easy ten miles and then run seven miles on Saturday. This should leave me rested for Sunday when I run eight miles at goal half marathon pace. In the past this workout has been a good barometer for me. If I nail this run, I’ll feel ready for the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home