Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Run Cut Short

After running hard on Sunday, Monday was a rest day. This is my week to concentrate on speed, so I headed out Tuesday with the goal of running 6 x mile repeats at 6:09 pace. I ran the first one into the wind. I ran about as hard as I could run and managed a 6:24 mile. The second repeat (with the wind at my back) was completed in 6:05. I stopped the third repeat after about a 1/4 mile. I just didn't have anything left to give.

I realized that Sunday's run took more out of me than I wanted to admit. I decided to just run the remainder of the run at an easy effort and try to complete the rest of my week as planned. However, after another mile or so, I felt a tightness in my right calf and shortly after that I felt sort of tingling sensation and noticed that I was favoring my right leg. I don't think I was injured or risking injury, but I decided not to take a chance. I turned at the next street and took a shortcut home. I ended up running six miles. I'll continue my week by running an easy 7.5 miles today and then a half marathon race pace run tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home