Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekly/Monthly Totals

Wow, it's been three weeks since I've entered anything here. During that time, I took a short trip down to Southern California and spent a week in Topeka, Kansas. It is difficult to maintain any type of consistent training while traveling. It's just too hard to maintain a consistent schedule. Two weeks in a row, I only ran four days, totalling 46 the week of March 11-17 and 36 miles the week of March 18-24. This past week, I started my shortened training schedule for the Rock 'n Roll Marathon, which is the first week of June. Here's how the training went:

Sunday - 15 miles, including 5 at marathon pace
Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 10 miles, including three at 6:30 pace
Wednesday - 7 recovery miles
Thursday - 15 miles, including 6 at marathon pace
Friday - 8 recovery miles
Saturday - 6 easy miles
TOTAL: 61 miles

Overall the week went well. I did run the MP miles too fast on Sunday, and my legs were sore Monday and Tuesday. I considered running only the miles and skipping the faster paces on Tuesday, but after warming up, I decided I could do it.

My March ended up as follows:

Total Miles: 250
Running Days: 24
Doubles: 1
Off Days: 7

Overall the numbers aren't bad. It's worse though knowing that up until March 15, I had only taken one off day and had run 153 miles. The last half of March isn't much to talk about.

My plan was to take a shot at sub-3:00 at Rock 'n Roll, but I don't really know if that's possible. My PR (set at 2006 Napa Valley Marathon) is 3:06:xx, and I had a better base and a longer training schedule for that race. At this point, I'm heavier and haven't put in the base miles that I ran last year. I'll continue to train for sub-3:00, but there's a good possibility that I'll have to come up with a more realistic game plan when June rolls around.

I'm not really upset that sub-3:00 may not be within reach at this time. In fact, I'm really looking forward to taking a shot at it at Napa in 2008. I'll have RnR recovery in June and then July, August, September, and I think part of October for base building before going back to Pfitzinger's 18/70 plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home