Saturday, November 11, 2006

Feeling Better

Below's the entry I typed yesterday before Blogger crapped out and wouldn't publish it.

I am feeling much better. An easy day did wonders for my legs. I went from dragging ass to feeling pretty fresh. There is one small problem. I've been having a pain in the inside of my left knee since my run at lunch earlier this week. It's not a sharp pain, and I only feel it when running, so I'm not too concerned. I suspect I tweaked it running on the uneven ground at work. I'm confident that the pain will be gone soon. It's just sort of an annoyance at this point.

Yesterday, I ran ten miles, including five at what was supposed to be marathon goal pace of 6:50/mile. I ended up running 6:30, 6:32, 6:42, 6:35, and 6:46. There's a long way to go before I race in March, so I'm sure I'll get the pace a little more accurate by then.

I'll run 20 miles between today and tomorrow. Today will be the longer of the two runs; I'll run either 12.5 or 15 today and then either 5 or 7.5 tomorrow. This should leave me rested and ready to go longer on Sunday. I believe 17 miles are called for on Sunday.

So far I've been keeping up with my pushups and crunches. However, my eating habits are not what they should be. Halloween candy is my downfall this week. I need to put it out of sight. Having it the house isn't too bad if I don't have to see it all the time. Oh well the battle continues.

I took leave on Thursday and today is Veteran's Day, so I'll have a four-day weekend of basically doing nothing other than running and puttering about the house.


To follow up, I ran 12.5 miles on Friday and will run 7.5 today. My knee is a bit more sore today. This is the first time it's hurt when I wasn't running. I'll be sure to ice it and take it easy as much as possible and try to stay healthy.

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home