Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Easy Run Today

Today's run was an easy five miler. I wore my old stopwatch instead of my GPS so that I wouldn't be tempted to push the pace to meet a certain time. I just ran easy from home to the ferry landing and back home. The distance was probably a little over five miles, but it's close enough. Even though I took it easy, I had no energy during today's run. The lack of energy lately is worrisome, but all I can do is keep moving forward. As long as I feel this way, I'll focus on getting in my mileage and not worry about pace.

Yesterday I felt a twinge in the groin/lower abdomen area. During today's run I could feel a definite pain in that area. I don't think it will affect my running too much, especially since I'm only doing easy paced runs right now. I'll put ice and heat on it and hope for the best.